Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 08-03-2004, 12:04 AM   #1
HELMY
Confirmed User

A letter from the producers of EroticaFest..

The EroticaFest concept initially started as a medium sized event which soon grew into a monster, both as far as entertainment elements go and cost of production (MTV's Alien Ant Farm, Carmen Electra's Naked Women's Wrestling League, Poet of Black Eyed Peas, Mansion the grandest venue in Miami etc.)

In order to make this event a success for all attendees and sponsors, the GigaCash team, the producers of this event (not XBiz) seeked additional sponsorships in order to cover increase in production costs - with a condition that this was to be communicated to all sponsors for their OK.

Communication issues do arise in business, and may have reared their head in this case. Lisa, Chris, Bugbee and entire GigaCash team have nothing but the best intentions for their sponsors as well as the webmaster community - without them such events just wouldn't be possible - and any miscommunication was certainly not intentional.

Our mission with all past & future events is equal exposure to each and every sponsor (one level only) and we are confident that we have delivered - not to mention that our sponsorship packages carry a satisfaction guarantee.

We have and always will offer to reimburse any sponsor who is not 101% happy with their marketing investment. I can always be reached direct at:

replies AT helmy D0T com
HELMY is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:07 AM   #2
DatingGold
$6 PER EMAIL JOiN

Industry Role:
When you added the 7th sponsor I communicated with Lisa that I was not pleased. She promised that there would be no further sponsors, yet you added two more for a total of 9.

I don't think it's a communication issue.

ADULT DATING - $100 PPS

LIVE CAMS - $214 PPS

WWW.DATINGGOLD.COM

DatingGold is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:41 AM   #3
esluts
Confirmed User

You made a deal... Then broke it...
esluts is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:00 AM   #4
SpeakEasy
Confirmed User

Helmy, your above post was a weak at best attempt to "right a wrong". Basically you are trying to sugar coat you lack of professionalism. My opinion is just that,an opinion based on the facts that have been stated by P1mpdog, DatingGold etc...
You made a deal, thn changed it with NO contact at all to any party involved.
SpeakEasy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:02 AM   #5
p1mpdogg
Too lazy to set a custom title

i want a refund
thanks.

email me for wire info. you can pay for the fucking wire fees too.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:03 AM   #6
Illicit
wtf ?

Quote:
We have and always will offer to reimburse any sponsor who is not 101% happy with their marketing investment.

that should take care of the problem
Old 08-03-2004, 01:04 AM   #7
p1mpdogg

Quote:
Originally posted by p1mpdogg
i want a refund
thanks.

email me for wire info. you can pay for the fucking wire fees too.
oh yea

scammed @ epiccash . com
Old 08-03-2004, 01:05 AM   #8
MetaformX
Confirmed User

How much is Alient Ant Farm asking for?
Old 08-03-2004, 01:12 AM   #9
Chris

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by MetaformX
How much is Alient Ant Farm asking for?
I like how the put " MTV's Alien Ant Farm " .. these guys are one hit wonders who do shows for VERY little money +airfare and hotel stay thats IT

Its a joke really ... I know people who have bigger names play at local partys lol
Old 08-03-2004, 01:13 AM   #10
p1mpdogg

if alien ant farm cant make it, my granny plays the banjo
Old 08-03-2004, 01:17 AM   #11
pxxx
First African GFY Member

I understand why p1mpdogg and DatingGold are mad, and they have every right to be mad. A deal was made and then broken.

BTW, all the people performing their are nobodies in the music world.
pxxx is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:17 AM   #12
=^..^=
Confirmed User

Alien ant farm? sure i heard of them some time ago - but i cant even remember what their one hit was..
they are SOOOOOOOOOO fucking famous
Old 08-03-2004, 01:17 AM   #13
Chris

Industry Role:
Quote:
rofl its to late to be making jokes
Old 08-03-2004, 01:18 AM   #14
Chris

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by =^..^=
Alien ant farm? sure i heard of them some time ago - but i cant even remember what their one hit was..
they are SOOOOOOOOOO fucking famous
a micheal jackson remake
if im not mistaken tha tis the only song they had that got airplay like two years ago ... smooth criminal was the song ... they tried to release more videos on mtv ... didnt go far ... poof they are gone doing shows for pennys
Old 08-03-2004, 02:22 AM   #15
emthree
Dialer Kingpin

Seriously:

Who gives a flying fuck what the costs are? This is obviously something that needs to be handled by your team. The production costs and all fees should have been calculated before hand, not after deals and agreements were made.

When you have an established name, you are held in the spotlight for every move. I hope you guys eventually run yourselves into the ground. The lack of professionalism, and your shitty practices will eventually lead to something that excuses and bullshit cannot pull you out of.

Your word is good as shit.

Sell Patches & Pills
emthree is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 02:33 AM   #16
kush
Confirmed User

Lame attempt to blame it on miscommunication, but at least a refund is being offered (what'd i say? ;) )
kush is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 04:22 AM   #17
Lace

Industry Role:
What a joke...
HomegrownCash | GhostCash
Lace is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:37 AM   #18
4Pics
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
thanks for all the support
4Pics is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:46 AM   #19
xxxdesign-net
My hips don't lie

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by esluts
You made a deal... Then broke it...
idiot.. cant you read? The deal was for an event much smaller... It got bigger and seems like the deal got better.. even with 9 sponsors.. If you dont like it.. just cancel..
xxxdesign-net is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:48 AM   #20
BradM
Confirmed User

Wow... from bad to even worse in one weak "I refuse to admit it was our fault" statement.

Next time try not to be so "posh" and admit you're wrong and try to correct it.
BradM is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:16 AM   #21
Dildozer
Confirmed User

DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU EAT
Don't you ever think of me
When you're outside strollin'
Don't you ever wave the flag
When we're rockin' and rollin'
Don't shit where you eat, my friend

Who said it was hard to climb
A peak that you can't see
I tell ya it's an easy thing
When it's you and me
But don't shit where you eat, my friend

A little food and drink uh huh
Nothin' too fancy
Lamb, veal, and some good ole wine
This is the life for me
But don't shit where you eat, my friend

Doodn doodn doo doo doo doo
Doodn doodn doo doo doo doo
Doodn doodn doo doo doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
Don't shit where you eat, my friend

PS: WEEN ARE GODS
Old 08-03-2004, 10:33 AM   #22
emthree
Dialer Kingpin

Quote:
Originally posted by Dildozer
DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU EAT

Sell Patches & Pills
emthree is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:35 AM   #23
Theo
HAL 9000

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by BradM
Wow... from bad to even worse in one weak "I refuse to admit it was our fault" statement.

Next time try not to be so "posh" and admit you're wrong and try to correct it.
Theo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:38 AM   #24
JFK
FUBAR the ORIGINATOR

Industry Role:
Quote:
All Right , "I wish I was in Dixie....... Hurray.....Hurray...."

Sig Spot Available –contact JFK @ FUBARWebmasters.com
FUBAR Webmasters - The FUBAR Times - FUBAR Webmasters Mobile - FUBARTV.XXX
For promo opps contact jfk at fubarwebmasters dot com
JFK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:48 AM   #25
ATL_Ryan
Confirmed User

Annie are you OK?
ATL_Ryan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:50 AM   #26
emthree
Dialer Kingpin

Quote:
Originally posted by JFK
All Right , "I wish I was in Dixie....... Hurray.....Hurray...."
haha that song owned

Sell Patches & Pills
Old 08-03-2004, 10:51 AM   #27
xlogger
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by JupZChris
I like how the put " MTV's Alien Ant Farm " .. these guys are one hit wonders who do shows for VERY little money +airfare and hotel stay thats IT

Its a joke really ... I know people who have bigger names play at local partys lol
True, they are SHIT now.

----------
XLOGGER [REFLECTED] [OH]
xlogger is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:56 AM   #28
Kimmykim
bitchslapping zebras!!!!!

Industry Role:
Hmmm, Helmy's said that anyone not happy will get their money back.

So I'd say that's the only people that have any concern here, everyone else is just in it for the free entertainment.
Kimmykim is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:59 AM   #29
eroswebmaster
March 1st, 2003

Quote:
Originally posted by xlogger
True, they are SHIT now.
I only know of one song done by Alien Ant Farm..and it's the Michael Jackson remake..however I remember wondering what happened to them and thought they were just a one hit wonder..but apparently there was a bad accident..I remember hearing talk of their "comeback."

Anyway here's some more info...it was some really bad shit almost paralyzed the lead singer...so to call them a "one hit wonder" I don't think is real fair at this point...LOL Just some unlucky guys.

http://www.mtv.com/bands/a/alien_ant...eature_030710/
Old 08-03-2004, 11:01 AM   #30
Doctor Dre

Industry Role:
Quote:
oh yea

scammed @ epiccash . com

OMGOMGOMG

I'm laughing my ass soo hard since yesterday's drama ... everytime you come with something new
I rebooted, deleted temp files, history, cookies and everything...still cannot view the news clip. All I see is that fucking gay ass music video from "Rick Roll". Anyone else have a different link to the news clip?
Doctor Dre is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:02 AM   #31
Doctor Dre

Industry Role:
Anyways he will give you a refound now ... that's all good
I rebooted, deleted temp files, history, cookies and everything...still cannot view the news clip. All I see is that fucking gay ass music video from "Rick Roll". Anyone else have a different link to the news clip?
Doctor Dre is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 11:43 AM   #32
D-Money

Industry Role:
Helmy is one of my favorite people in this business. He's a man of his word.

If something was promised then fucked up, he'll make good on it like he says. It sounds like the main thing that pissed off PD and DG is the response from Lisa after being notified. If that was said, I agree it's not the best thing to say to a sponsor. Still, Helmy recognizes it and is making good on his refund which most people wouldn't do.

Parties are not easy to throw. There's also a learning curve involved, trust me.

The thing they learned this time around is to have different layers of sponsors. You should always cap the amount of main sponsors while leaving the mini sponsorships wide open. I can understand needing to raise more money last second, I have to do that all of the time with the Players Ball.

Even if people question the budget, it gets expensive at the last second. Hidden costs fly at you like crazy. Always leave a buffer with that budget just incase.

My advise for future party organizers is this. Have only 1 to 3 main sponsors and create smaller packages for less money and don't promise as much to the smaller ones.

There's a lot of people willing to pay $1k or $3k to have a nice package with private tables included, another way to raise that extra money needed.

As a promoter of parties, I feel for Helmy. He's really stepped his game up and has expectations to be the best party which is exactly what it takes to have the best parties.

Anyway, just wanted to defend Helmy a little since I know how hard it is to throw big events. In the end, you look back at the exposure and wonder if it's worth all of the stress and time.

Now don't get me wrong, if it's promised that 6 sponsors and that's it, I'd be upset too. But it sounds like an employee made the promise and that bad response not Helmy himself. And Helmy is refunded those unhappy, so he's doing all he can do.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:22 PM   #33
kmanrox
aka K-Man

Industry Role:
Helmy is one of the few totally honest people in this business.

Hey guess what... If you don't like the way things turned out, he said he'd refund your fucking money. so quit crying. shit.
kmanrox is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:24 PM   #34
Basic_man
Programming King Pin

Industry Role:
Wow! This event is BIG !
Old 08-03-2004, 12:24 PM   #35
D-Money

Industry Role:
sup KMan, are you coming to the states soon?

Love to see you, been a while.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:28 PM   #36
kmanrox
aka K-Man

Industry Role:
d$ i've been in the states for the past 10 days... im currently in daytona beach visiting everyone before the show... will u be at the show?
kmanrox is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:30 PM   #37
D-Money

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by kmanrox
d$ i've been in the states for the past 10 days... im currently in daytona beach visiting everyone before the show... will u be at the show?
Not going this time, the first IA2000 or Internext show I won't attend. Got my reasons.

Anyway, are you coming out west?
Old 08-03-2004, 12:33 PM   #38
xclusive

If you wanna make it up give all the money back to those that ask for it and give them all the free drinks they want... Then never ever pull this bullshit again...
xclusive is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:39 PM   #39
Nysus
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Good response from Helmy..

I can understand how the lesser amount of exposure from adding 3 more sponsors to the mix might not make such an event worth the $6k (or whatever it was) for some affiliate programs.

Every 1/6 banners is obviously worth much more than every 1/9 banners.

Switching up those numbers inevitably will change the decision making process for advertisers as well.

Matt
Nysus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:12 PM   #40
Kimmykim
bitchslapping zebras!!!!!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally posted by xclusive
If you wanna make it up give all the money back to those that ask for it and give them all the free drinks they want... Then never ever pull this bullshit again...
I guess you never did pass 6th grade English class.
Kimmykim is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:15 PM   #41
Juicy D. Links
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Yo Helmy

Hook Juicy with the VIP tickets
Juicy D. Links is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >